Presented by the guru Alister Chapman, Director of Photography and Sony Expert.
60 Spaces Available | Cost: R250
Morning: Sony’s Handheld Camcorders and instant HDR. (2.5 to 3 hours).
- Understanding sensor size and how it affects the cameras performance.
- Overview of Sony’s codecs, AVCHD, XDCAM(Mpeg HD) and XAVC.
- Dual recording, relay record and media management.
- Features found in Sony’s latest cameras -
- S&Q motion. How to shoot slow motion and time-lapse.
- Clear Image Zoom. Extending the zoom range electronically.
- Picture Profiles (overview).
- Instant HDR - What is HDR and how can I shoot HDR content really easily.
- Overview of some of the handheld models available.
Afternoon: Sony’s large sensor cameras and controlling how your images look. (3 to 3.5 hours).
- Overview of Sony’s large sensor cameras.
- Introduction to gamma and color, what is it, how does it work?
- Exposure and noise. The relationship between how you expose and how much noise will be in your images.
- Hypergammas and Cinegammas - a simple way to improve your images.
- Shooting with S-Log. It’s easy , but you need to understand how it works.
- Practical demo: Shooting with each type of gamma and exposing each correctly.
- Workflow: Overview of how to work with log or raw in post production.