The Visual Impact Academy is a MICT SETA certified training facility offering broadcast training. We identified a need for real world training given by people who actually are working in the Industry.
The South African government MICT SETA (Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Authority) ensures that the VI Academy operates within the legal training framework.
The Academy offers various courses, but mostly focusses on the specific needs of the group or individuals that approach us.
Some of the more popular course on offer are:
- Introduction to Cinematography for 3 days
- Camera principles
- Lensing principles
- Depth of field
- Long lens compression
- Set processes and procedure
- Small, medium and large sets
- Camera functions
- Exposure: filters, iris, shutter, Gain and ND filters
- White Balance
- Resolution Options
- Camera Menu Options
- Sequence creating techniques
- Master Scene Technique
- Continuous shooting technique
- Equipment care and maintenance
- Introduction to Audio recording for 2 days
- Microphone types
- Camera audio menu settings
- Interview audio techniques
- Introduction to video camera operation 1 day
- ENG (Electronic News Gathering) style shooting
- MOJO training (Mobile Journalism Training) for 1 or 2 days
- Mobile journalism is an emerging form of new media storytelling where reporters use portable electronic devices with network connectivity to gather, edit and distribute news from his or her community. Such reporters, sometimes known as mojos (for mobile journalist), are staff or freelance journalists who may use digital cameras and camcorders, laptop PCs,smartphones or tablet devices. A broadband wireless connection or cellular phone network is then used to transmit the story and imagery for publication.
- Our daily training costs for an 8 hour day is R3500 per day.
- We therefore often recommend that you attend the training as a group to share costs.
- Costs may vary depending on who supplies the equipment.